Foster children need healing. Exposure to drugs in the womb, neglect, violence, loss of parents, abuse, tragedy, abandonment, and trafficking can all lead to their current condition. Please look through these revealing statistics and open your heart to becoming part of the solution.
Here are some statistics:
- Over 437,000 children and youth are in foster care.
- 118,000 children and youth in America are waiting to be adopted.
- Children in foster care wait 3-4 years or more to be adopted.
- The average age of a foster child entering foster care is 7 to 8 years old.
- 44% of foster children are White, 23% African American, 21% Hispanic.
- 26% of children entering foster care are under the age of one.
- 61% of children removed from their home due to abusive neglect.
- 34% of children removed from their homes due to parental drug abuse.